Sunday Setlist - August 17

Here is our setlist for this Sunday:

He is Able (Noland/Ferguson)

Blow the Trumpet in Zion (Tendrup)
Turn it Around (Houghton/Lindsay)
How Great is Our God (Tomlin)
He Knows My Name (Walker)
Came to My Rescue (Hillsong United)
Wrap Me In Your Arms (Gungor)

For altar call we played "Empty Me/Holy Fire" (Camp)


It was kind of like "oldie" week. Some of those songs we've been playing for years and years, but the congregation still loves them. Especially "Blow the Trumpet..." That one is a perennial favorite.

"He Knows..." and "...Rescue" I really like, because we split the vocals up on those, and each of the girls will get a verse. We recorded this week so I'm looking forward to listening. I took a quick listen to "...Rescue" and it sounded really nice.

Revivals coming up this week... four services in four days. I am so looking forward to it!

As always, this is getting linked to Fred McKinnon's setlist carnival.

Comments

  1. Mike,
    I love splitting vocals like that. I feel like a song gets so much richer when you have a variety of voices leading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, new songs are great, but it's always great to go back and pull something out of the closet that people really love. I find that when I do that, it kind of lights the old fires that were burning back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Came to my Rescue"...what a song. I'll have to get that in our line up some day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts