Sunday Setlist - September 7


This is week 7 in the Sunday Setlist carnival, a a group of worship leaders who share their setlists and thoughts on Fred McKinnon's blog.


This week, our setlist was :



  • God is My Refuge/Halleluia (Montemayor)
  • Trading My Sorrows (Evans)
  • Again I Say Rejoice (Houghton/Lindsay)
  • Awesome God (Mullins)
  • I See the Lord (Falson)
  • Hosanna (Hillsong)
  • Hungry (Falling on my Knees)(Scott)

Awesome God is just fun. That whole beginning of the set was fun, from Trading to Rejoice to Awesome God. I See the Lord was a great choice. We haven't done it in months, I think. It's such a good song, as close to a hymn as we usually get. It fit in well with Awesome God, theme-wise, and then to into Hosanna - a whole theme of praising God's majesty. I like the Hillsong version of Hosanna. We get better with it each time we played it. We cut the solo down to four bars instead of the usual eight, and it worked well. I'm not Nigel Hendroff, anyway...

If I do say so myself, everything sounded excellent today, especially the girls. They had their voices blending so well, the five of them sounded like a whole choir.

Here's a clip of Trading, just the vocals and piano off the board, mainly just a reference for the vocalists.

Comments

  1. I love "I See the Lord."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're pulling out "Hosanna" this week. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hosanna is great, we've been doing hungry again around here, and people are really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're doing "Awesome God" this Sunday... totally with you on how fun a song it is... our people really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I See the Lord" is one of my favs!!! Great song!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts