Two Fridays

I really like Thanksgiving week. It's like having two Fridays in a row, separated by some major grubbin'. I'd prefer to have one Friday followed by grubbin', but in my business, a workday is a workday.

Still, Thanksgiving has always been a very cool holiday for me. When I was a kid, we used to go to my aunts house in Queens year after year. (They say no one has ever beaten the Van Wyck. New Yorkers and Seinfeld fans know what I'm talking about.) Nowadays, we eat with my wife's family. She has a great family. (Don't tell them I said that - I've got a rep...)

Anyway, the Great Annual Tryptophan Feast is upon us, and it's time to give thanks...

  • For all God provides. Times are hard, but He gives enough. A good pastor friend of mine said God doesn't necessarily want to give you a huge new house, but He wants to give you peace about the house He already gave you. Good words.
  • For family. I've got the greatest family ever. Especially Jill, not that I show her enough.
  • For reconnections. Through this blog and the wonders of social networking (ok - Facebook) I've reconnected with friends and relatives all over. Dev, Vollenweider, Fitz, X-man, Cuz... I know your out there!
  • For fruit. No, not apples and oranges. (Though I dig me some mango) But for the fruit of labor. Kidzport is growing, and there will be some big news on the recording project this weekend, methinks.
  • For you. Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.

So enjoy your holiday for those of you in the States. For those in the other 38 countries, have some turkey and give thanks as well. Why not?

Comment if you're thankful for something...

Comments

Popular Posts