Back to School, Sort of.

I wrote a little while ago about how I got invited by Integrity to be one of the first people to go through the Integrity Worship Institute, a worship arts-related course of study at Columbia Southern University.  So, I did all the registering, signing-up and such over the last couple of weeks.

The first course I was registered in was called Integrity Student Orientation. It was a short little workshop to make sure the student understands the process, can navigate around the website, and can find all the resources that CSU has to offer.  I was surprised (pleasantly) to find that IWI participants have full student privileges at CSU's online campus.

I am now enrolled in the first actual class, called Heaven's Protocol: Discover the Pathway into God's Manifest Presence.  The course description is as follows:


This study proposes that Christian worship is guided by a “protocol”, a pathway designed by the Lord Himself to insure that believers can make their way safely into His presence. The course invites worshipers to consider four biblical steps into God’s presence: thanksgiving, praise, worship, and glory.

This is an eight-week course, culminated by a seven-page research paper.  According to the syllabus, there will also be two written assignments a week, plus an online discussion question.    

So stay tuned as I dive in.   I might add that Alastair Vance and Joel Klampert from The Joint will be joining me in this endeavor, so be sure to subscribe to their blogs as well.   


Comments

Popular Posts