About Me


My name is Michael Mahoney. I am the Children's Network Pastor at Gospel Light Community Church in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I am also a member of that church's worship team, where I play guitar and drums. I also play guitar, drums and piano for our gospel choir, Send Judah First.

I was raised an Irish Catholic. I spent almost my entire academic life in Catholic schools, from third grade all the way through college. I attended St. Basil College Preparatory School in Stamford, Ct. For college, I attended Bryant University for a year, then transferred and finished my undergraduate degree at Iona College in New Rochelle, New York.

Making the move from staunch Roman Catholic to a Penticostal, evangelical Christian was not an overnight thing, by any stretch. I began to attend Gospel Light at the end of the year 2000, at the behest of my wife, Jill. Due to the persistance of her prayers, and that of a couple of strong men in Christ, I began to come to realize what I'd been missing all my life - a personal relationship with Christ.

I've been on two mission trips to Central America, one in 2004 and one in 2005. I am hoping to return in 2009. When God removed worldly music from my life, he replaced it with the desire to make music for Him. I began playing on the worship team in 2002, and have been on it ever since. I've written several songs, learned a few new instruments, and continue to try and improve my craft for His glory.

I have a beautiful wife Jill, my partner in ministry, and five children: Michael, Brandon, Shannon, Meghann and Cailynn.

Comments

Popular Posts