Do ya fear death?

I was speaking to one of my young students last night. We had been talking about end-times in class, and he came and asked me what would happen at the rapture, and what would happen to him. We started talking about the assurance of salvation. He told me he had it... but still he was worried. I told him that when he really had it, when he really had accepted Christ in his heart, he would not worry so much.



Today I was watching the third Pirates of the Carribbean movie, At Worlds End. Davy Jones would ask people one question: "Do ya fear death?" I remember when first he asked it in Dead Man's Chest. "Do ya fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare? All your sins punished?" In World's End he asked Jack that question, to which Jack replied "You have no idea."



It got me thinking of my young student. He obviously still fears death. He's still worried about it. I had told them that when they really confessed Christ and meant it, and when we go for that day of judgement, that our sins will be not just forgiven, but forgotten. God will separate us from our sins as far as east is separated from west. But still we worry.



I know it's not easy. I know it goes against human nature. But that's the way God operates. He's not bound by human nature, or even human understanding. For thought the Apostle Paul tells us in Romans that "all have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God." the word also tells us that there is a way out from under our sins. And it's not "one hundred years before the mast."


It's confessing Christ, and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead - for you.



It's that simple.



Savvy?

Comments

Popular Posts