Just Keep Blogging...


Honestly, some days I wonder why I do it.


Why do I keep randomly typing at this keyboard and throwing things out there?


I know that there are people who read this blog regularly. (Hello, dude from Belgium!) More, in fact, than I would have thought. And, I will freely admit, I love reading personal blogs as well. I read all the blogs in my blogroll, plus a bunch of others. But am I reaching anyone? Does anyone care?


A couple of weeks ago, I got an unusual email. Someone emailed me and said that they had read this blog and some of the others that I write. She said that she ran the children's ministry at a church about an hour from me, and that they were putting together a big event for kids and youth, and they wanted me to be a part of it.


That set me back a bit. Someone had actually read enough of my stuff to form an opinion that I would be helpful in their ministry. Wow. So I looked over her church website (to be sure that we were all on the same page, belief-wise) and emailed her back.


The other night, my wife and I met with her over dinner to discuss the event. What an amazing meeting! She had a folder full of stuff I had written, things that had spoken to her, and had seemed connected to the theme of the event. (Which happens to be "A Generation Free to Worship.") She had been searching on different website, and kept getting referred back to my blog. Wow. Who knew?


Needless to say, we all hit it off tremendously, and sat at the table for three hours talking and having a great time. This event, the Children's and Youth Congress, is going to be a day-and-a-half long worship workshop for all kids and youth up to the age of 23, and will include a service, breakouts, workshops and an evening worship festival. My role? Keynote speaker for the children's portion of the event. (And hopefully I'll get to play some as well.)


Of course, I'll be adding details as I get them, but the point is this: If you're a blogger, keep blogging. Even when you think you might be the only one reading it, keep it up. (Some of the posts she had printed out were from over a year ago.) Two things happen: First, it can be very cathartic. Second, you never know how God may use it.


Just keep blogging... just keep blogging... just keep blogging, blogging, blogging....
Oh, and Twitter, too.

Comments

  1. wow man.. that is so awesome!
    Praise God for allowing random typing to expand His kingdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Mike.

    For me, the key to blogging seems to be to blog 'for yourself'. When people start blogging for their audience then if they're showmen you get a slick and unpleasant product and if they're ordinary folk you get a mess. I differentiate between personal blogs and blogs that are really there for 'ministry' purposes (like Terry Virgo's that I link from my blog). I know you're trying something that's half-way between, but there's enough personal stuff on here to make me want to come back and see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appriciate that, Toni. I know I ride both sides of the fence here, but it works for me. Honestly when I started this I figured no one would care. But (as I've discovered) people are pretty interesting when you get down to it. Even me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts