Sunday Setlist - July 4


A mixed bag today at Gospel Light Community Church.  A scorching hot day, a full service, a little shorthanded for worship, but some great moments as well.   Here's the setlist:

Opening Song:

Shout to the Lord (Zschech)(A)

Main Set:

Cover the Earth (Houghton/Cruse-Ratcliff)(D)
Glory to God Forever (Beeching/Fee)(B)
Higher (Fieldes)(C)
The Stand (Houston)(G)

Offering

Trading My Sorrows (Evans)(G)

(Just call us Hillsong Lite)

Daniel injured his hand this week at work; it was minor, but he was sore and was uncomfortable to play, which left me on guitar and Aquim on drums.  We were also going to have "Hosanna" but we dropped it due to the lack of instrumentation.   Everything sounded really good in rehearsal, so I felt good about the set, and the songs were some of the ones the congregation really likes.

About two bars into "Higher" I felt a string kind of twang flat.  I'm not really sure how many people noticed,  but I did, and it drove me crazy the whole song.  I tried to play around it as best I could, but the barre chords sounded terrible.  And of course, we were doing the whole song, with the tag and everything.

"The Stand" came our really well (after I tuned, of course) - I don't know why, but I really like that song.   So did "Trading..."   I've always liked the version of that song on Freedom, starting with just high-hats and a guitar riff.  (Which, if I'm not mistaken, was Lincoln Brewster.) We played something like that today, Aquim on the hats and me running a little bassline riff on the acoustic, then coming in full on the "joy comes in the morning!" line.   We actually got a big "Wooo!" out of the congregation when we kicked it in. Love it when they engage like that.  We also do the bridge in three languages:  English (Yes, Lord, yes Lord, ), Spanish (Si Senor, si, si Senor) and Creole (Oui Jesu, oui, oui Jesu).

All in all, a great holiday celebration, with Holy Communion, a mission report from Haiti, and a guest vocalist as well.   So how was your Fourth celebration?  Check out others at The Worship Community.

Comments

Popular Posts