Sunday Setlist - August 22



This week's worship recap, and it's a doozie.   Three churches over two days!!   And away we go...

Gospel Light Community Church

Opening :

Welcome to This Place (Juarez)(G)


Main Set:

Happy Day (Hughes)(C)
All Because of Jesus (Fee)(C)
Came to My Rescue (Davies/Sampson/Thomas)(G)
Wrap Me In Your Arms (Grothe/Gungor)(D)


Offering:

You're Worthy of My Praise (Ruis)(C)

I'm really feeling happy about the way my new FloorPOD is dialing in; I've got most of the patches I use where I want them.  I used the same patch on "All Because of Jesus" and "Wrap Me In Your Arms" and it worked great.  The same semi-clean, wet, multi-delay that gave the Fee song such energy made the Hillsong tune beautiful with some light picking and a switch to the neck pickup.   I still need to work on the OD/Distortion patch I'm using, but it's getting there.

Daniel led today, as Josh was preaching at Good News in the Bronx.  He did an awesome job, and it showed in the congregation's reactions.  There were a lot of genuine moments today.  The two songs that really seemed to connect were "Happy Day" and "Wrap Me in Your Arms."  Pastor Pedro asked us to play "Happy Day" a second time, which we happily (get it) obliged.  And I think we should get bonus points for the 1991 bookends on the set.


Lighthouse Fellowship Church

You're Worthy of My Praise 
Happy Day
Came to My Rescue 


On Saturday, our KidzPort ministry participated in a children's outreach hosted by House of Restoration Church in Hartford, CT called ROCK Day.  I was asked to be one of the musicians in this "rock concert" for kids.  It was a great day, and we had a great time!

Sing, Sing, Sing (Tomlin/Reeves/Gild)(E)
Your Name High (Houston)(C)
We Will (Unhindered)(Am)
Say the Name (Brown/Muizzi)(D)
We Shine (Fee/Giglio)(F)

The kids seemed to respond really well to "We Shine" during the event.  One of the kids in our Sunday ministry told me she loved "Sing, Sing, Sing" and I secretly heard my daughter singing "Your Name High" to herself last night.

So that's a lot of music.  See what other churches are doing at The Worship Community.

Comments

Popular Posts