Sunday Setlist - December 19

This will actually be a longer than usual recap, because it was a busier than usual weekend.  We had our annual Christmas cantata Saturday night.  The theme this year was "Love Came Down."   Here's what the music looked like:

Worship Set:

Do You Hear What I Hear? (Regney/Baker)(E)
Hark the Herald Angels Sing (Wesley/Cummings)(F)
Offering (Baloche)(F)
Here I Am to Worship/I Love the King (Hughes)(G)

Choir Set:

Silent Night (Judah Remix) (Young)(Ab)
The First Noel (Sandys/Gilbert)(C#)
The Power of One (Hougton/Sanchez)(Am)

Children's Drama

Love Came Down at Christmas (Rosetti)(G)

Solo

A Baby Changes Everything  (Hill)

Finale

Joyful (The One Who Saves)(Brown/Ingram)(D)
Feliz Navidad (Feliciano)(C#)

Silent Night is our own arrangement, combining traditional and urban gospel.  Do You Hear What I Hear we based loosely on the Third Day arrangement.  Love Came Down at Christmas was based on the Jars of Clay arrangement and The First Noel was based on the MusiqSoulchild arrangement. I'll be putting some videos up on my YouTube page.  Joyful was awesome - we had the worship team, choir and the kids all do it together.

Sunday morning at Gospel Light looked like this:


Main Set:

O Come All Ye Faithful (Wade/Oakely)(G)
O Praise Him (All This for a King)(Crowder)(Bb)
Mighty to Save (Morgan)(A)
How He Loves (McMillan)(C)

I also got a last-minute request to preach at our church plant in New York City.  The pastor there had come down with the Sunday morning, and wasn't able to make it to their service, which they hold at 2:30pm.  The Word says "be ready in season and out of season" so I grabbed my guitar and went.

Blessed Be Your Name (Redman)(C)
Nobody Greater (Mitchell)(E)
Came to My Rescue (Davies/Sampson/Thomas)(C)
Here I Am to Worship (Hughes)(E)

So, a big weekend of music!   Check out some others at The Worship Community after you watch the "Joyful" video below.


Comments

Popular Posts