Sunday Setlist - October 3


Here's this week's service recap from Gospel Light Community Church, in Bridgeport, Connecticut.  Before I get to the recap, here's the setlist:

Opening:

Here I Am to Worship/I Love the King (Hughes)(G)

Main Set:

We Cry Out (Dm)(Johnson)
You Are Good/Again I Say Rejoice (E)(Houghton/Lindsey)
Revelation Song (Riddle)(D)
Hosanna (Fraser)(E)

Offering

Great and Mighty is He (Pettygrove)(D)

I must still be reeling from all the great stuff that happened at ForgeCon, because today was an amazing service, and judging by the comments after service and tweets I was reading, I'm not alone in that opinion.

The real fun started once we got into the two New Breed songs, which we put in a medley, kind of like you find on Alive in South Africa. Those two songs are old favorites in our congregation, and we love playing them.

We haven't done "Revelation Song" in quite a while.  We led it mainly as a piano ballad.  One of the things I picked up at ForgeCon was using the electric guitar to "color" songs using musical intervals.  For this song, I tried doing simple dyads with perfect fifths over the chords, using a clean sound with lots of delay for the verses.  It was a very nice sound; simple, clean.

When we ended "Hosanna" there were still a lot of people who didn't want to seem to stop, so we just kept playing.  In fact, we kept playing for about ten minutes, while people were praying in their seats, coming to the altar, standing in the aisles...  it was incredible.  The amazing thing is that all Daniel and I were doing were variations off the E chord at the end of the song.  We basically played one chord for ten  minutes, and it was inspiring.

So how did your service go?  Check out others at The Worship Community.

Comments

Popular Posts