Sunday Setlist - November 1

Weekly worship recap from Gospel Light Community Church in Bridgeport, CT.


We had a busy weekend, with a youth party on Friday and Hallelujah Night for the kids.  Sunday worship was a needed refilling and refreshing,  Let's start with the list.

Opening:

How Great is Our God  (Tomlin/Reeves/Cash)(C)

Main set:

Your Grace is Enough (Maher)(G)
Finding Who We Are (Shamburger)(B)
For Who You Are (Sampson)(B)
I Surrender All (Van DeVenter/Weeden)(D)
Hosanna (Fraser)(C#m)
The More I Seek You (Neese)(E)

Offering:

Freedom (Bushard)(B)

We wound up being short-handed today, so I played drums for most of the set, with the exception of "How Great..." and the Zach Neese song, both of which I played acoustic on.  Chris sat in for the offerings and I got a litte electric in as well.  I wasn't expecting to play drums, and I was quite tired after our kids event Saturday night, so honestly, I could have played a little better. 

The hymn went over really well.  We've been trying to incorporate some more hymns into our services, trying to find a way to make them fit our sound.  We threw a little gospel twist into the end of it, and it worked really well.   We haven't done "The More I Seek You" in a long time.  It was a Christ For the Nations/Gateway song, and is a great worship song.  We reprised it once because the worship was flowing so well.  For me, Zach Neese's imagry fit in perfectly with our Communion Service this week.   For those unfamiliar with it, I'm including a video of the incomparable Kari Jobe singing it with CFNI.  

Check out other recaps at Fred McKinnon's blog.



Comments

Popular Posts