Sunday Setlist - January 17


This weeks service recap from Gospel Light Community Church.

Good day today all around.  Our setlist looked like this:

Opening:

Oh Lord, You're Beautiful (Green)(D)

Main Set:

Blessed Be Your Name (Redman/Redman)(C)
For Who You Are (Morgan)(B)
Glory to God Forever (Fee/Beeching)(B)
How Great is Our God (Tomlin/Reeves/Cash)(C)
Shout to the Lord (Zschech)(A)

Offering:

Lord I Lift Your Name on High (Founds)(G)


So this week I went and bought new strings for the electric, but more importantly bought all new cables.  So I was rocking some major tone and volume - had to dial it down a notch, actually.  Still, the tone was on the money - I was lovin' it.  Don't undersell the importance of good cables. 

We introduced "Glory to God Forever" today.  I've been wanting to do it since I heard it, but more so since I played it at Lifepath Church with Joel a few months ago.  Just a great song.  And everyone was really into it - it was one of the better introductions we've had. 

I also played electric for "How Great is Our God" for the first time ever.  (I just didn't feel like switching.)  Definitely had a different groove to it, but it came out really good, I thought.

We're having another service tonight - a joint service with three churches that grew out of our congregation.  In fact, it is to celebrate the launch of the most recent one.  Not exactly a plant like the other two, but the new pastors are from our congregation.   We'll be playing again, and our choir will be ministering as well.  Great day of worship? 

How was yours?  Check out others at The Worship Community.

Comments

Popular Posts