Setlist Sunday - September 21


Another offering in the weekly Setlist Carnival hosted over at Fred McKinnon's blog.


This week's setlist:

Opening:
I Can Only Imagine (Millard)
Set:


He Reigns (Furler/Taylor)
You're Worthy of my Praise (Ruis)
Finding Wo We Are (Shamburger)
Holy is the Lord (Tomlin/Giglio)
Who Am I (Hall)
Take My Life (Underwood)

Let me start by saying this is one of the best sets we've done in a while. And I think one of the reasons is that each of these songs is like an old friend in many ways. I'm not bragging when I say I really didn't even have to pull charts for any of this stuff. And I when I know the songs so well, I get to worship a lot more .

"He Reigns." I don't think we've done this in months. Why not? What a great song. I'll be seeing the Newsboys in November, and love this song in concert. I really like the end, when the girls sing that "Every tribe, every tongue, every nation, halleluia!" under the chorus.

I started "You're Worthy..." with on the acoustic in rehersal, but decided to switch to the electric and try to channel some Jeremy Camp. Which acutally turned out really good - tone was just what I wanted, and the energy was right. That song, as much as I love it, can drag if you let it.

"Who Am I" is another one that's like "Wow, why haven't we done that in so long?" I guess we have so many songs in the catalog these days, it's good to bring a couple like these out. Our sound person told me that we haven't sounded that good as we did on that song in a long time. (I don't know how to take that...)

All in all, a great Sunday. We have a joint service tonight with our daughter church, but we usually pull out songs on the fly for those. Next week, we have the annual meeting of our fellowship, with churches from all over the country coming. Another team is leading, but I'll be playing electric with them, and some of our singers will be joining as well. Then I'll be playing piano for the choir. Pray for me!


Comments

Popular Posts