Sunday Setlist - February 22 #sundaysetlists

This weeks setlist from Gospel Light Community Church in Bridgeport, Ct


Opening:

For Who You Are (Sampson)(B)


Main Set:



Trading My Sorrows (Evans)(G)
Again I Say Rejoice (Houghton/Lindsay)(E)
Blessed Be Your Name (Redman)(C)
He Is Exalted (Paris)(G)
Shout to the Lord (Zschech)(A)



I also wanted to give props today to our offering song, which I don't usually do. Today we did "Righteousness, Peace and Joy" by Helena Barrington. (C) We haven't done it in awhile, but I remember it was one of the first songs I heard when I started coming to Gospel Light. It takes some kind of soprano to really pull it off, and we had one at the time. Mayby that's why I remember liking it so well.

We've been doing "He is Exalted" with our gospel choir, so this was kind of a hybrid arrangement. It's really a good song to have a lot of fun with.

I have to say that today was one of the best worship services I can remember in while. Everything clicked, the songs were great, we sounded good and everyone participated. I think we played "Blessed Be Your Name" and "Trading My Sorrows" for six or seven minutes each. And "Shout to the Lord..." What a great worship moment we had.



Tonight is youth service. I'm preaching at that.


This is part of Fred McKinnon's veritable setlist lollipolooa. Check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts