Sunday Setlist - March 8

This week's Sunday Setlist from Gospel Light Community Church, Bridgeport, Ct.

Opening:

O Praise Him (All this for a King) (Crowder) (Bb)


Main Set:

You Are Good/Again I Say Rejoice (Houghton)(E)
O Praise Him (All this for a King) (Crowder) (Bb)
Give Thanks (Smith) (G)
Rescue (Anderson) (G)

We did "You Are Good" and "Again I Say Rejoice" as a medley, kind of like they were done on the Alive in South Africa record. These songs have long been favorites of the congregation, and they never get old. We hit the change between the two songs perfectly, which was great, because it really kept the energy going. We actually did the entire song of "You are Good," then repeated the bridge, and cut into the bridge of "Again..."

I love doing "O Praise Him." (OK, I love doing any Crowder tunes.) It's, I think, one of the best real worship songs around, even with the "la, la's" I just personally feel it easy to let go during that song. Plus, it's the one song I always hear people singing to themselves later in the day.

"Rescue" is a great song to close out a worship service. The way we do it, we have each of the singers do the verse in turn, then everyone sings the chorus. So we do verse, verse, verse, chorus. Each time a different singer in the verse. The song really seemed to be speaking to some people today.

We have youth service tonight. I'll be playing with the choir.

What did you do today? Check out other worship leaders over at Fred McKinnon's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts