Sunday Setlist - September 27

Another weekly recap from Gospel Light Community Church, part of Fred McKinnon's setlist carnival.

This week's setlist:

Opening:

Trading My Sorrows (Evans)(G)

Main Set:

Freedom (Bushard)(B)
All Because of Jesus (Fee)(C)
We Cry Out (Johnson)(C#)
Healer (Guglielmucci)(B)
You Are My World (Sampson)(G)

Offerings:

Eres Todopoderoso (Salinas)(D)
Let It Rise (Davis)(E)


Yes, that's Holland Davis' "Let it Rise" at the end there. We haven't played that song in easily two years. We found that the congregation, especially the long-time members, appricate it when we toss on the of the "oldies-but-goodies" in.

I think "Healer" came out really good today, I don't know why. I still had my delay pedal on this fast multi-echo from doing the Fee song, and I just switched to a clean patch and added a little swell off my multi, and it made for a really nice sound. We generally switch it from the Hillsong version, and make the piano the lead instrument and the guitar the accent. I spend the verses just playing that haunting, repeating B note, and with all the delays it sounded really moody and cool.

I've been crediting "Freedom" to Eddie James (who performs it), but found out this week that Matt Bushard wrote it. (It's not a CCLI song.) So I wanted to give props out.

I promised last week to include some video from last week's amazing Kidz Revival weekend. Here are three short clips, the first from Saturday's kids event, and the next two from our main service on Sunday. So many people came up to me this week and asked if we were doing it again next year. Of course, the answer was YES!



Comments

  1. Nice set and the video is great too! We have been pulling out "Let It Rise" (Big Daddy Weave version) lately too, and our congregation really enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts