Song of the Week - Call My Name - Third Day


One of my favorite verses in all of scripture is Zephaniah 3:17 :

"The Lord your God is in your midst;
He is Mighty to Save
He rejoices over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love
He will rejoice over you with singing"

I love the imagery of God singing over his children, like a parent to a distressed child. This is the imagery that comes to mind in the song "Call My Name" from Third Day's recent album, Revelation.

"No one comes to me unless the Father draws him." Jesus told his disciples. This song represents a crying out by God to us, as if asking, "Why do you put yourself through all this? Why do take on these burdens? That's what I'm here for!"

The band perfectly expresses this idea:

"It's been so long
since You felt like you were loved
So what went wrong?
But do you know
There's a place where you belong
Here in My Arms?"



This is God's call to us, that he understands what we're going through, and has the answer...

When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
It seems like no one in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I'll be there
You just call My name and I'll be there



I play the song as a simple progression in E, playing down from the C#m in the verse - C#m-B-E. The verse flows up and down - A-E-B.

This is a great song to listen to when feeling down, or wondering if God hears you. Here is the video for the song. Enjoy...




Comments

Popular Posts