Saturday Silliness - Travel and Christmas Cantatas

Those of you who read my Twitter stream know I was in Detroit, Michigan this week for work. I was really struck by how hard the economy has hit out there. The American auto industry is in dire straights, and the downturn has hit Motown hard. Driving around and seeing empty shopping centers and restaurants, boarded-up houses and no traffic during rush hour is a reall indication of the way things are, and a reminder of how much we need to depend on God. Keep praying for those who are worse off than you, and keep thanking Him for what He gives you.


Time is going by quickly, and Christmas will be upon us before we know it. I always feel so behind the eightball this time of year, especially getting ready for the Christmas Cantata. Jill and I have been doing it for a while now - this will be our sixth year, I think. It's not easy coming up with something fresh and fun, but God usually makes a way.

It's time for a new generation to come and take their place in the spotlight. We're not going to ask the kids that have been so great for all these years, as we want to make room for the gifting of the younger kids. But I wanted to take a moment and thank all of them who have been so great all these years, and what better way to do that than completely embarrasing them!

Here is a video taken during the 2003 Cantata. Is there a better song than Pharoh, Pharoh? If there is, I don't know it! (They're gonna kill me when they see this!) Thanks to the musicians - Daniel on guitar, Eli on piano, Emilio on conga. That's me on drums. I won't name the kids to spare them the embarrassment. (more below the vid)




This was taken last year. A lot of the same kids, grown up now. Time flies...

Comments

Popular Posts