150 Posts


This is my one hundred and fiftieth post on this blog. That's pretty cool. In that time I've had about 2600 page views, which may not seem like a lot, but it's more than I ever expected. Over 1300 individual folks have cared what I have to say at one point or another.

Apparently, Montana is the only state in the U.S. where no one has read this blog. So if you know someone in Montana, give them a call, shoot them an email, whatever! They need to get with the program! I mean, people in Slovenia get it.

I've learned a lot in the past 150 days. I've met quite a few people here in cyberspace. Some I've gotten to know in meatspace as well. I've learned there is real power in this medium, but that it's also like the New Tequila - it lowers inhibitions and makes every word alright, and consequences non-existent. I can also make real friends strangers, and total strangers lifelong chums. Like all things - in moderation.


There are some really good people out there. And there is the one thing that drives social media, and keeps blogging going far longer than the experts predicted:

Ordinary, real people just going about their lives are far more interesting than anything that can be contrived. The thoughts of real people, pushing, fighting, struggling to make sense of their lives, and make it work - that's drama.


God is good. Imagine what the internet could have done two thousand years ago. But we need to keep in mind that the church is about people - real, flesh and blood people. Thank God for all the musicians I've come into contact with. I've been inspired to write again, and to keep looking for new things.


In 150 posts:


  • Most hits from (Besides Connecticut) : California

  • Most referrals: Thank you Fred McKinnon!

  • Most read post: Sonseed!

  • Most hits from country (Besides the U.S.): Australia


  • Most Comments : Which God


  • Busiest Day - September 4 - Sonseed Day!




Next goal - 500!

Comments

  1. Hey Mike,
    Glad I could share in the celebration and be a part in your referrals!

    For the Kingdom,
    Fred McKinnon
    www.fredmckinnon.com
    www.theworshipcommunity.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts