The Most Important Thing You Can Give for Christmas

This really struck me. I saw it on The Prodigal Jon, the personal blog of the creator of Stuff Christians Like.

One of the hardest things that we can do is to share our faith with someone who is absolutely convinced that there is no God. But that does not mean that we shouldn't.

Penn Gillette is an avowed atheist. But he asks one very important question (and I paraphrase): How much do you have to hate someone to NOT share your faith with them? The example he gives is a man about to get hit by a truck. You tell him and he doesn't believe you. At some point, Penn says, you have to just tackle him. And this is more important.

Sharing with atheists is one of the hardest things a Christian can do. We tend to like to share with seekers. We want someone who is looking for something. Hey, I have the answer for you!

But what if someone isn't asking a question? What if they are not looking for something? But that truck is still coming at them. They may not believe it, but it's going to hit them if they don't move.

So what if they reject you, say "No," call you a loon? There may not be instant results. Isaiah 55:11 says "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. " God knows what He's doing.

So this Christmas, give the gift that keeps on giving. Share with someone.

Comments

Popular Posts